Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Has your child ever fallen from YOUR shopping cart?

Mine has ! ;( I'm sick about it of course. I let him stand in the big part of the cart as I almost always do, with supervision. I turned my head for approximately 4 seconds (seriously count that slowly in your head, it's an eternity!!!). The next thing I heard was a huge crash and Evan was gone! I couldn't believe it, he was on the ground! Even though I moved very fast, I still think I died really fast before coming back to life. He was 'alright'. I just held him tight first while he wailed out of fear/shock mostly, then I assessed the damge. His injurys; at first all I saw/felt was a scrape & small bump on the hairline of his forehead (pictured) later at another store I realized he has a bigger bump on his crown ;(. Mom's injury's; broken heart & consequence is eating humble pie that it could be so much worse! I am watching him carefully & had a good talk with God of which gave me
peace. I will still watch for bad signs but think we are ok. ;( I know i'm not a bad mom but this definitely doesn't make you feel good.

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

To learn how you can snap pictures and capture videos with your wireless phone visit www.verizonwireless.com/picture.

Note: To play video messages sent to email, QuickTime� 6.5 or higher is required.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

Mine hasn't, but my younger sister's did. I've seen other children do it. You are not a bad mother. Children do amazing things in those small four seconds. You are lucky that he has no major injuries. :) Kiss that boy for me.

Erin said...

My sister fell out of one when she was about 2 and it cracked her skull.
I also called 911 at the grocery store for a woman whose child didn't fall "out" of the cart, but fell over from holding the front of the cart (onto her back and the cart came over with her). The child blacked out for a few minutes and the mom was freaking out and her child was not breathing. As I bent over to figure out of I needed to do rescue breathing or CPR on this child she regained conciousness. So, I personally am a bit paranoid about strapping my children in.

Lee said...

not a bad mom.. NOT a bad mom...

lovely dear juanita said...

GASP! I was in Toys R Us the other day and realized that I unintentionally walked around a fixture with him in the cart (he was in the seated area, but still). When I realized what I had done, I felt bad at the possibility of what could've happened. You hear about stuff like this happening, but sometimes feel that your exempt. Thanks for reminding me to be more careful. Glad Evan's okay!!!

gretchen said...

oh girl ...happened to me. It's one of those things I will never forget. Leah Beth fell out..immediate goose egg-call to the doctor...waited and watched for signs of concusion...she ended up vomitting rushed her in the whole head scans and everything. We were so glad to know it was a mild concusion and she healed right up!!!

Ashley Jane said...

:(! that is so sad but it looks like you're handling it well. I bet Evan forgives you!