[I back dated this post so it looks like the day it happened but I really only got to it friday. he he.]
Mike and I are official Zoo members! Whoo hoo! I just registered online and ta da! The membership that we purchased allows us to bring 1 friend for free so we brought Liz. Thanks for going with us Liz and Hayden, we had a GREAT time with you and hope you will go with us again. Since Liz has babysat for us, we haven't really done anything together (this is ALL because, we used to hang out all the time BEFORE I had a baby, now I just want to stay at home sucking all the life out of that munchkin ;) he he). I hope this is a new trend since we really liked our day out. ;)
Right when we got to the Zoo, this woman was doing a demonstration on the birds. Look at big Evan standing there all by himself. Liz, the good mom, I think was trying to keep him from touching the dirty rope 'fence' but I didn't realize that till I was looking back at the pictures. lol. I have a great video of Hayden giving his mommy some 'tude cause she was helping him or keeping him from touching the rope. I'm sorry, it's just really cute. BUT LOOK HOW CUTE THAT EVAN IS! He is getting so humongous and could be walking this month I think. He's just so interested in standing and furniture surfing... we'll see... ;)
Evan playing chimes at the Zoo's Playground that is very cool!
Evan didn't really care about the bouncy area with all the new kids. As you can see, this other child was very happy about it. lol.
awww. We just LOVE to swing!
YIKES! Evan's about to be eaten by a ferocious Hippo. Hayden's next, WATCH OUT! he he he.
Michael's biggest fear. Evan being eaten my his least favorite animal A HIPPO!!! shhh, Michael's really scared of them.

Meerkats are so cute and they all came running out soon after we got to this part. they were very lively.

the Coi, you could easily not know were there but they really liked us and were so beautiful. This is under a little bridge by the Jaguars.

Hayden, Evan's best friend. ;)
Hilarious pictures of Evan and Hayden in the Bamboo 'jungle' that's along the path. We were near the Jaguars.

beautiful

Silly boys!!
Chewing on a dirty bamboo leaf he got off of the ground. lol. ;) Just before the Zoo Nazi stopped us from having fun in the bamboo with our babies. ;) A volunteer came up to me while photographing my baby, who was completely adorable by the way and how dare she stop us (LOL)! anyway, she told us we had to 'stay on the path cause there could be poison ivy'. i then threatened HER with poison ivy... (JUST KIDDING! but it would have been totally awesome! lol). so we begrudgingly walked away. wha wha wha... but we will be back lady! ;D

This Giraffe was SOOO close! It was super cool and we had a blast looking at and taking pictures and video of him.







5 comments:
I love to hear you describe things through Evan's eyes. I didn't think the zoo was that neat until I took my niece and she loved it. Fun times
What a fun day at the zoo. The pictures of Evan are wonderful.
okay, so now that you are a zoo member I will share a secret with you...bring an umbrella when you visit the giraffes. They love it, are very curious and will walk right over to you every time! Really!
p.s. secret passed along from an official "zoo" employee.
And you should stay out of the bamboo!
I love those pictures. That women with the bird kept saying do not let the children put their hands threw the fence. So we got in trouble two times that day!!!!
liz. i was the WORST listener that day! lol i will be better the next time you come with us. ;) xoxo
Post a Comment