Today we had Evan's kid party and Birthday "Social". It was very casual and fun to see everyone that came. There wasn't that many but still I felt like I didnt' get to visit with everyone as much as I would have liked. Sorry guys! So... For the first hour, we had a little bitty kids party with 4 of his friends from church, 2 boys, 2 girls. We sang to Evan and had cake, which he loved of course. We visited and played. Michael got back from taking our friends, Josh, Lacey and Lincoln to the airport just in time for round 2, the group social where we played bocce, few a kite, talked ate more cake and talked some more. Evan had a lot of fun with his friends and would have liked it a lot better if the weather wasn't so cold, wet or windy so they could have got out in the grass together and rolled around. Also, he decided it was nap time when it all began so finally at around 2 he took a 30 or so minute nap. We are now exhausted and hope we get a great Sunday afternoon nap tomorrow! Enjoy the few pictures I was able to take! Next party is Wednesday on his actual birthday. More partying to be had....
Said good bye to our friends the Smiths, visiting from Texas (more on another post) and....

Off to decorate for the party! When I got there it was soOO cold and windy that I couldn't keep anything tied down. Michael had to take our friends to the airport so I attempted setting up alone. I won't attempt that again. ;)

Here's a view of my handmade 'banner' (triangle thing) and paper chain that has fallen to the ground. wah wah wah...

Kids party Guest: Simon with his Daddy and Charity in front of her daddy who's head is missing.

The kids cake was a mummy head in the middle part (the picture at Sam's was more defined, oh well, what can you do) surrounded by cupcakes, YUM! Thanks Sam's for $9.98! lol
I made his birthday hat from the sunday funny papers. ;)
Mom 'helped' Evan blow out the candle. He looks terrified! Hayden is on the left (tried to help but it was a little 'wet', lol) and Annabelle (Evan's Halloween Date) is on the right with her aunt Heather.

Big kids cake. Isn't it so cute!? I love the Fall!
Evan's fan club president, Lindsey. ;)

kids being cute.
tuckered out with daddy

The carnage.

sweet simon with his daddy.
Did I mention it was COLD out?

Look at this cute family.

Bocce fun 1

Beth the kite master.
Bocce fun 2
Aunt Tricia showing some love to Evan. He showed it back. ;)

Annabelle and Evan in his pack n' play while we cleaned up. (next time you see her on my blog it will be for Halloween, stay tuned....)
"What, young lady, do you think you are doing touching my turtle toy?! Back off girl, it's MINE!" lol
wow, this partying thing, really wears you out!

gift tornado ;) thank you's to come....
3 comments:
It looks like you had a lot of fun. Sorry we missed out. My little boy (David) is sick and I am keeping him inside. In fact, we are home today, and missing church. We love you and your family and are so glad you have these days of celebration. It's about time! (Literally)
It looks like the party was a lot of fun even though it was cold. Both of those cakes were awesome. Evan is so cute in that little chair. All of that partying really wore him out.
Sorry we missed it. We had a few runny noses and coughs on our hands and did not want to spread the wealth.
Post a Comment